Initially, I created this recipe to smother some pork chops with, but I imagine it'd be a great gravy for chicken, steak, mashed potatoes, or even pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 yellow onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pint baby portabella mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1Heat canola oil in a large pan or skillet.
- 2Add butter to the canola oil and allow to melt.
- 3Add onions, mushrooms and garlic to the oiled pan.
- 4Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Sauté until onion is translucent and mushrooms are tender.
- 6Add balsamic vinegar and scrape up any of the sautéed vegetables sticking to the pan.
- 7Add the cream of mushroom soup, cream, tarragon, and rosemary.
- 8Mix well and cover pan.
- 9Let sauce simmer on low heat for 30 - 45 minutes; stir frequently.
- 10Serve when sauce has thickened into a gravy consistency.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Than Giblet Gravy - Herbed Mushroom Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 593.7
- Calories from Fat 537
- Total Fat 59.6 g
- Saturated Fat 29.6 g
- Cholesterol 152.7 mg
- Sodium 611.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 4.7 g