Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Thinly sliced onions and olives can also be added to these pizzas.
- 1 loaf crusty French bread or 2 submarine-style hard rolls, split lengthwise
- 3⁄4 cup prepared low fat chunky spaghetti sauce or 3⁄4 cup garden style spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 fresh green pepper, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms or 1⁄2 cup canned mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free parmesan cheese
- 1 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Spoon spaghetti sauce over sliced bread or rolls.
- Top with mushrooms and green peppers.
- Sprinkle with oregano and cheeses.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
DH and I made these to use up a loaf of french bread we had on hand. We used canned mushrooms, but I think fresh ones might have been better. We found that we needed a LOT more spice, and loaded up on salt and pepper before eating. I agree with some previous reviews; I'd definitely use pizza sauce next time. We'll make this again for sure!!
These were great! I made mine veggie, DH added pepperoni to his. His only comment other than "Yum!" was next time he wanted to try it with pizza sauce instead of spaghetti sauce. Thanks Dancer!
Great for lunch with a Caesar salad. Thanks, will make again.