1/2 Photos of Better Than Fried Chimichangas
My version of Rachael Ray's recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 oven-roasted deli chicken
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups cabbage coleslaw blend
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 scallions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 8 -10 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1Take the meat off the bone of the rotisserie chicken and tear into bite-size pieces.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 3In a stockpot, place the chicken, chili powder, cabbage, chipotles, tomato sauce, scallions, salt and pepper and 2 cups cheese. Add chicken broth and heat slowly until it all melts.
- 4When ready to assemble, place a small amount of cheese in the center of a tortilla and top with the desired amount of filling. Fold the sides of the tortilla over the filling and close by overlapping the other two sides. Place seam-side down on a greased baking sheet and repeat until you have used all of the filling. Brush the tops of the chimichangas with oil and bake until deep golden brown, about 15-17 minutes.
- 5Serve with sour cream and salsa.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Than Fried Chimichangas
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 761.1
- Calories from Fat 394
- Total Fat 43.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 150.5 mg
- Sodium 1087.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 49.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo