Recipe by rickoholic83
My version of Rachael Ray's recipe.
Top Review by Likkel
Great recipe! Easy to fix and everyone really enjoyed them, including the kids! I made them exactly as the recipe stated, but used less than one chipotle, since my son likes it a bit more mild. The third time I used some crumbled, cooked sausage instead of the chicken and it turned out just as good! The coleslaw blend was a nice touch and added some good and interesting texture. These are on my regular line up. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!
- 1 oven-roasted deli chicken
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups cabbage coleslaw blend
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 scallions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 8 -10 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Take the meat off the bone of the rotisserie chicken and tear into bite-size pieces.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a stockpot, place the chicken, chili powder, cabbage, chipotles, tomato sauce, scallions, salt and pepper and 2 cups cheese. Add chicken broth and heat slowly until it all melts.
- When ready to assemble, place a small amount of cheese in the center of a tortilla and top with the desired amount of filling. Fold the sides of the tortilla over the filling and close by overlapping the other two sides. Place seam-side down on a greased baking sheet and repeat until you have used all of the filling. Brush the tops of the chimichangas with oil and bake until deep golden brown, about 15-17 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.