Recipe by AprilRMullins
My husbands favorite lasagna! He likes it because of the lack of ricotta cheese. This recipe uses cottage cheese instead. This is a low fat recipe from kraftfoods.com
- 3⁄4 lb extra lean ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 ounce) container low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup kraft grated parmesan cheese
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked, drained
- 2 cups kraft 2% milk shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F Brown meat with garlic and oregano in medium saucepan. Stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer 5 min., stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes.
- MIX egg, cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese. Spread 1/2 cup of the spaghetti sauce mixture onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish. Top with layers of 3 noodles, 1 cup of the cottage cheese mixture, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of the remaining spaghetti sauce mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining spaghetti sauce mixture. Cover with foil.
- BAKE 30 minute or until heated through. Uncover; top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minute or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minute before serving.