Prep 20 mins
Cook 43 mins
its a beef enchiladas casserole and very rich .
- 1⁄2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red pepper
- 2 cups thick 'n chunky salsa
- 1 cup 2% milk shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons light zesty reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 8 corn tortillas, 2 tbsp (6 inch)
- chopped fresh cilantro
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F Cook meat and peppers in large nonstick skillet on medium heat until meat is no longer pink, stirring frequently. Add 1 cup of the salsa; simmer 3 to 4 minute or until peppers are tender. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- SPREAD 1/4 cup of the salsa onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish. Brush dressing lightly over both sides of tortillas. Stack 4 of the tortillas on large sheet of waxed paper; wrap tortillas in waxed paper. Microwave on HIGH 20 to 30 sec. or just until warmed. Immediately spoon 1/3 cup meat mixture down center of each warm tortilla; roll up. Place, seam-side down, in dish. Repeat with remaining 4 tortillas and meat mixture. Spoon remaining 3/4 cup salsa evenly over filled tortillas; cover with foil.
- BAKE 20 minute or until heated through. Uncover; top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake an additional 2 to 3 minute or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro.