Recipe by Chef OnMyMom
These pancakes are soooooooo good. I have been trying for a great pancake recipe for a long time. I finally found one with the help of my wonderful nephew, Gabriel. Try them. You will be pleasantly surprised! These pancakes are made with Splenda. Thanks Gabriel for helping your Nana. I love you.
Top Review by Boomette
Very good pancakes. I made the whole recipe cause we were 4. And I have maybe 4 pancakes left for tomorrow. I used 2 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup vinegar. Thanks Chef OnMyMom :) Made for PAC spring 2011
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups buttermilk (or 2 1/2 cups milk & 1/2 cup vinegar)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Place all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Stir completely, preferably with a wisk.
- 2. In another small bowl, mix the eggs, oil and buttermilk and blend. Mix the milk mixture into the dry mixture and wisk until blended. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- 3. Preheat a lightly coated skillet (I use cast iron), and please ensure the fire is not too high.
- 4. Pour approximately 1/3 cup batter for each pancake.
- 5. Cook until bubbles form on top and the edges start to look dry.
- 6. Turn with a spatula and cook the other side to a rich, golden brown.
- 7. Remove pancake and top with butter and syrup and enjoy!