Cook1 hr 5 mins
I snagged this off of a website and made my own adjustments. These can be refrigerated overnight after shaping. Let rise about 45 minutes at room temp before baking whether or not you refrigerate.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 4 cups flour
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 -6 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons milk
- Combine warm water, sugar and yeast. Set aside.
- In microwave, melt butter.
- When butter is melted, add milk and warm to take the chill off.
- Add beaten egg and yeast mixture (it should be foamy by now) mix gently and pour into pan of bread machine.
- Add flour to bread machine pan, one half of the pudding mix and salt.
- Place pan in machine and allow to complete dough cycle. (If dough is sticky add a 1/4 to a half cup of flour during kneading.
- When dough cycle is complete, roll out dough to approximately 17"x10".
- Spread dough evenly with 1/2 cup softened butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll up dough starting with the long side. Cut into approximately 16 even pieces and place in a 9x13 pan (they will be snug)
- At this point you can cover and refrigerate until the next day or let rise 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Make frosting, beat together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, remaining pudding mix and milk to a spreading consistency.
- Frost rolls after the have cooled slightly.
- Serve immediately for best results.
- It is my understanding that this recipe does not freeze well.