1/1 Photo of " Better Than Cinnabon" Cinnamon Rolls
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 5 mins
River Otter's Note:
I snagged this off of a website and made my own adjustments. These can be refrigerated overnight after shaping. Let rise about 45 minutes at room temp before baking whether or not you refrigerate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 4 cups flour
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 -6 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
- 1Combine warm water, sugar and yeast. Set aside.
- 2In microwave, melt butter.
- 3When butter is melted, add milk and warm to take the chill off.
- 4Add beaten egg and yeast mixture (it should be foamy by now) mix gently and pour into pan of bread machine.
- 5Add flour to bread machine pan, one half of the pudding mix and salt.
- 6Place pan in machine and allow to complete dough cycle. (If dough is sticky add a 1/4 to a half cup of flour during kneading.
- 7When dough cycle is complete, roll out dough to approximately 17"x10".
- 8Spread dough evenly with 1/2 cup softened butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 9Roll up dough starting with the long side. Cut into approximately 16 even pieces and place in a 9x13 pan (they will be snug)
- 10At this point you can cover and refrigerate until the next day or let rise 45 minutes.
- 11Bake at 350F for 20 minutes until golden brown on top.
- 12Make frosting, beat together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, remaining pudding mix and milk to a spreading consistency.
- 13Frost rolls after the have cooled slightly.
- 14Serve immediately for best results.
- 15It is my understanding that this recipe does not freeze well.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " Better Than Cinnabon" Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.4
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 241.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 26.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g