1/2 Photos of Better Than Chicken and Dumplings!
Koechin (Chef)'s Note:
This dish is baked in a 9x13 casserole, and the dumplings sort of make themselves. it is easy and delicious. it appeared in a local community paper some time ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -5 chicken breasts
- 1 stalk chopped celery
- 1 sliced carrot
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- water, to cover above (3-4 cups)
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup green peas (optional)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1Combine the first 6 ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook until chicken is done.
- 2Remove from broth and cool. You will use 2 c of this broth in the preparation!
- 3Remove from bones if needed.
- 4Saute the vegetables, except peas in a little butter or oil, until soft.
- 5Melt the 1/4 cup butter and pour into the 9x13 dish, to grease the bottom.
- 6Cut or tear the chicken into pieces and place on top of the melted butter.
- 7Mix flour and milk; pour over chicken.
- 8Mix soup, 2 cups of the broth, the sauteed vegetables and peas (if using).
- 9Pour over the top.
- 10DO NOT STIR!
- 11Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minute or until top is brown.
- 13To make this realy fast use Rotisserie Chicken and canned Broth!(2 cups).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Than Chicken and Dumplings!
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.6
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 114.6 mg
- Sodium 1533.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 32.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: