Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a recipe from my Sister In Law who makes the best cheesecake in the world! It is very simple as long as you follow the instructions to the T.
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, Melted
- Set out on the counter cream cheese, butter and eggs all day, until soft and room temperature.
- Beat together cream cheese and ½ of the sugar until mixed. Add other ½ of the sugar and other ingredients, mixing in eggs ONE at a time. Just mix until combined. DO NOT OVERBEAT!
- Mix together and press into bottom and sides of a springform pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 6 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes in the refrigerator before adding cream cheese mixture.
- To bake Cheesecake:.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake for 45 min – 1 hour. Turn oven off and let it sit for another 10-12 minutes. Then prop the door open (I use a wooden spoon) to allow the cheesecake to cool slowly until it is cool enough that you can lift it out with your hands. Then refrigerate for at least 24 hours. It gets better each day!
Great cheesecake. We loved it!
This has too many packs of creamcheese. Two or three is all that is needed. Also you should try to add about 8oz. of sour cream to the recipe, it gives it a little tang. For texture a 1/2 tsp. of flour. This will make it the Best in the World. This is an adaptation of Philly Cream Cheese 3 Step Cheesecake recipe.