Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got this recipe from my mother. Great for when you want to save some of those fat calories for dessert.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 dash pepper
- 8 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a saucepan, combine the dry ingredients.
- Stir in milk and water until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, cook and stir until thickened.
- Serve over hot cooked vegetables.
Excellent butter sauce sub! I thawed some veggies in the microwave and in 10 minutes I have got a perfectly delicious side dish. Thanks!
Nice change of pace from cheese sauce. Good for when you want something different. The tarragon really stands out - just be careful not to overdo it.