Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
After trying several recipes and even the frozen stuff from Boston Market(YUCK!!!) I decided to "invent" my own. The amounts of ingredients are all guesstimates. So please feel free to adjust to your personal liking.
- 2 (566.99 g) box frozen spinach (Cooked and drained)
- 113.39-170.09 g cream cheese, softened (this is approx. amount)
- 59.14 ml chopped onion, approx
- 14.79-29.58 ml minced garlic, approx
- 59.14 ml fresh parmesan cheese, approx
- 59.14 ml monterey jack cheese, approx. (Add or subtract ingredient amounts to your taste)
- Mix everything together.
- Place in casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees in oven for 20- 30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
The flavor of this recipe is very good and it certainly tastes decadent! I do agree with the other reviewers that it is a little too thick. I did not fully drain the spinach and this helped some. I also found the garlic and onion to be too raw. I suggest sauteing them first to soften them.
This was great! The night I went to make it, though, I found my 1/2 package of cream cheese was all dried out **sigh**. I did however have a 4 oz container of garlic cheese spread with herbs which worked out just fine. Didn't have to chop onions or garlic. I had a bag of shredded mexican cheese blend (colby/jack/ cheddar)which I used instead. The people I made it for loved it. Hands down...better than Boston Market's!!
We also loved this! However, we had "other uses" for this delicous dish. I put it on my baked potato - delicious! My son ate over half of it as a dip. (he wanted me to let you know that is was "better than TFIF's"!) Thank you for creating this!