Recipe by Joanne #6
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law after her quest for the perfect waffle. She has ended her search for now. She has an expensive professional waffle iron. I have a $20 cheapo and they turn out just as great. Everyone should try this, especially if they think their waffle iron makes only bad waffles. You will be surprised. I do tend to leave my waffles on the iron about 40 seconds more after the ready light goes on, only because I like them a bit browner.
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a lovely sweet waffle this recipe makes. Nice, big, thick, crispy, tender waffles that are full of flavor. The white chocolate is a nice touch. The batter is thick and easy to work with. A very rich and filling waffle. Thanks for sharing the recipe Joanne :)
- 1 egg, separated and room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄3 cup white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl until stiff; set aside.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Combine egg yolk, milk, butter and vanilla in a separate bowl. Add mixture to dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Add white chips and egg white. Fold in till just mixed. Do not overmix batter.
- Use griddle according to directions.