Do you like waffles, pancakes or French toast? If so, you'll want to try this yummy popover, it's like getting all three in one. Grab a wedge quick or it will disappear before your eyes! Pure heaven!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml blueberries (frozen blueberries work well) or 236.59 ml boysenberries (frozen blueberries work well) or 236.59 ml blackberry (frozen blueberries work well)
- 236.59 ml milk
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml salt
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Generously butter a 9-inch pie plate and place berries into the bottom.
- 3In a blender, combine milk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla extract; blend.
- 4In small mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, nutmeg and salt.
- 5Add flour mixture to blender's wet ingredients; blend until smooth.
- 6Pour over the berries.
- 7Combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon together in separate small dish or sugar shaker (You won't use all of this but it is a good ratio to make cinnamon sugar~ you'll have extra for other recipes!).
- 8Sprinkle top of blueberry popover with 2 tsp of cinnamon sugar mixture.
- 9Bake for 15-20 minutes at 450 degrees then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake another 15-20 minutes.
- 10Cut into wedges and serve warm.
- 11You can top with butter or syrup but I prefer Brummel& Brown's blueberry yogurt spread~ Yummy!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Than Best Blueberry Popovers
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.5
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 64.7 mg
- Sodium 126.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 4.3 g