Recipe by QTPetootie
Do you like waffles, pancakes or French toast? If so, you'll want to try this yummy popover, it's like getting all three in one. Grab a wedge quick or it will disappear before your eyes! Pure heaven!
Top Review by Manda
Although the end result of this recipe was not really what I had expected, I really enjoyed it. It reminded me more of a blueberry custard. Next time I maight use a little bit more of the cinnamon-sugar mixture, as mine was a bit tart (which very well may have been due to the berries). I actually enjoyed this the best just grabbing a slice out of the refrigerator. I didn't try it warm with butter, but I am sure it would be excellent. I will probably make this again, as it was very easy, with simple ingredients and prep. Thanks! ~Manda
- 236.59 ml blueberries (frozen blueberries work well) or 236.59 ml boysenberries (frozen blueberries work well) or 236.59 ml blackberry (frozen blueberries work well)
- 236.59 ml milk
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml salt
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Generously butter a 9-inch pie plate and place berries into the bottom.
- In a blender, combine milk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla extract; blend.
- In small mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, nutmeg and salt.
- Add flour mixture to blender's wet ingredients; blend until smooth.
- Pour over the berries.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon together in separate small dish or sugar shaker (You won't use all of this but it is a good ratio to make cinnamon sugar~ you'll have extra for other recipes!).
- Sprinkle top of blueberry popover with 2 tsp of cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 450 degrees then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake another 15-20 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm.
- You can top with butter or syrup but I prefer Brummel& Brown's blueberry yogurt spread~ Yummy!