Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Control the salt when you make your own.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced celery
- 1⁄4 cup minced carrot
- 2⁄3 cup drained canned cannellini beans
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- In a non-stick skillet, heat 1 tsp oil and cook the minced veggies over medium heat until soft and moisture has evaporated.
- In a mixing bowl, mash beans.
- Stir in egg, bread crumbs, oregano, basil and slightly cooled veggies.
- Mix well.
- Divide into 4 patties.
- Place on plate and chill for at least 20 minutes.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil and brown both sides until heated through.