Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
No one in my family is a big fan of plan banana bread but all like this version. If you can wait a day to slice texture is much better. We can never resist eating warm espically when topped with cream cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chpooed
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine flour, sugar; add to butter mixture, stirring just till moistened. Fold in nuts, coconut and raisins.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or untill toothpick inaerted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely before storing.
I had bananas needing to be used so decided to try this recipe. The addition of the golden raisins and coconut worked well here. The flavor & texture of the banana bread is great and it rose beautifully. This is not super sweet, which is what I was looking for. The cooking time needed to be adjusted for my oven. I baked in a clear glass loaf pan & at 45 minutes had to reduce the heat in the oven. It took another 30 minutes before it passed the toothpick test and the outside of the loaf was darker than I prefer. It still tasted great! Thank you for sharing your recipe.