1/1 Photo of Better Than Aunt Patti's Cornbread Dressing
Pot Scrubber's Note:
My Aunt Patti has been the designated cornbread dressing maker in my family for as long as I can remember. I was unable to attend Thanksgiving at her home this year so I set out on a mission to make my own dressing... it is my favorite dish at our holiday meals. I'm very proud of this recipe. It has turned out great. Aunt Patti would be heartbroken, however. So unfortunately, I'm gonna have to keep this a secret from my family. But I am thrilled to share this recipe with you. But please don't tell Aunt Patti.
My Private Note
9x13 ca ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook cornbread according to package directions. Cook for the minimum time and don't let cornbread brown as much as you normally would. Cut it up into pieces and after cool enough to handle then crumble it up leaving no large chunks and transfer to a very large mixing bowl. (I use the bowl from my Kitchen Aid).
- 2In a microwaveable bowl (I use my four cup Pyrex measuring cup) put in your onion and celery and 1 cup of water. Microwave for 5-8 minutes until celery and onion are soft depending on how finely you sliced them. (keep the vegetable broth! it adds a of flavor!) Drop in the butter and let melt.
- 3Combine all ingredients in the mixing bowl and mix well until cornbread has absorbed most of the liquids. It will be a little soupy but don't worry about it. Pour into a sprayed 9x13 casserole dish and bake at 425 for 30 minutes.
- 4The center might still be a little wiggly but that is ok. It will set up nicely as it cools.
- 5I cook in glass Pyrex cookware so if you are using a dark metal 9x13 casserole pan the cooking time might need to be less. I really don't know. Sorry.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Than Aunt Patti's Cornbread Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.3
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 477.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: