Recipe by Rachie P
While watching an advertisement for Arby's chicken salad sandwiches, my husband asked if I could make it - I did, and it tastes great! The nuts and fruit give it a zippy flavor, plus it's easy to whip up. It makes a wonderful summer sandwich. Enjoy!
Top Review by l0ve2c00k
This salad was great and very tasty! however, it does not taste like the one at Arby's. I think is the type of chicken. I've tried this recipe with the exact ingredients as the original and with different types of canned chicken and the taste is always different.
- 1 (13 ounce) canned chicken, drained
- 1⁄2 apple, sliced and chopped small
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sliced celery (to personal taste)
- 1⁄2 cup red grapes, sliced in half
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 cup chopped and toasted pecans
- 2 -4 leaves lettuce
- 1 sliced cucumber
- 2 -6 slices bread, for sandwiches