Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
While watching an advertisement for Arby's chicken salad sandwiches, my husband asked if I could make it - I did, and it tastes great! The nuts and fruit give it a zippy flavor, plus it's easy to whip up. It makes a wonderful summer sandwich. Enjoy!
- 1 (13 ounce) canned chicken, drained
- 1⁄2 apple, sliced and chopped small
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sliced celery (to personal taste)
- 1⁄2 cup red grapes, sliced in half
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 cup chopped and toasted pecans
- 2 -4 leaves lettuce
- 1 sliced cucumber
- 2 -6 slices bread, for sandwiches
- Combine first seven ingredients in medium size bowl, stirring until moist.
- Serve on bread or toast with sliced cucumber and lettuce. Spread additional dressing or mayonnaise on bread as desired.
This salad was great and very tasty! however, it does not taste like the one at Arby's. I think is the type of chicken. I've tried this recipe with the exact ingredients as the original and with different types of canned chicken and the taste is always different.
Great Sandwich, I added salt and pepper to taste also. I also added a little onion to spice it up too.
Great recipe! I added walnuts instead of pecans. I also added some olives because I like salty stuff. Didn't have grapes but it tuned out wonderful.