Recipe by AmyZoe
This is very rich, but it definitely makes the perfect gooey dessert. I used the entire 12 ounces of caramel topping when I made this, but I'll post the recipe as listed. I also substituted Peanut Butter Twix in place of Heath Candy Bars because it's what I had. Recipe courtesy of Chef-in-training.com.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as much as cake mix calls for)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (or as much as cake mix calls for)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as much as cake mix calls for)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces caramel topping
- 8 ounces Cool Whip (thawed to room temperature)
- 3 Heath candy bars, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 for metal and glass pans and 325 for dark or coated pans.
- Grease sides and bottom of each pan with shortening or oil spray.
- Flour lightly.
- Blend cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in a large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds).
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter in 13 x 9 inch pan and bake immediately.
- Bake for 35 to 38 minutes. Add 3 to 5 minutes to bake time for dark or coated pans.
- Let cake cool for 5 minutes.
- Poke holes in cake with the handle end of a wooden spoon.
- While cake is still warm, slowly pour over sweetened condensed milk over the top making sure some gets in all the holes of the cake.
- Next drizzle the caramel topping evenly over the cake slowly, making sure some gets in all the holes as well.
- Spread cool whip over the top evenly.
- Sprinkle with Heath Candy bar pieces.
- Store in fridge until ready to eat.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge.