This is very rich, but it definitely makes the perfect gooey dessert. I used the entire 12 ounces of caramel topping when I made this, but I'll post the recipe as listed. I also substituted Peanut Butter Twix in place of Heath Candy Bars because it's what I had. Recipe courtesy of Chef-in-training.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 1/4 ounces chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as much as cake mix calls for)
- 1 1/4 cups water (or as much as cake mix calls for)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as much as cake mix calls for)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces caramel topping
- 8 ounces Cool Whip (thawed to room temperature)
- 3 Heath candy bars, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350 for metal and glass pans and 325 for dark or coated pans.
- 2Grease sides and bottom of each pan with shortening or oil spray.
- 3Flour lightly.
- 4Blend cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in a large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds).
- 5Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 6Pour batter in 13 x 9 inch pan and bake immediately.
- 7Bake for 35 to 38 minutes. Add 3 to 5 minutes to bake time for dark or coated pans.
- 8Let cake cool for 5 minutes.
- 9Poke holes in cake with the handle end of a wooden spoon.
- 10While cake is still warm, slowly pour over sweetened condensed milk over the top making sure some gets in all the holes of the cake.
- 11Next drizzle the caramel topping evenly over the cake slowly, making sure some gets in all the holes as well.
- 12Spread cool whip over the top evenly.
- 13Sprinkle with Heath Candy bar pieces.
- 14Store in fridge until ready to eat.
- 15Store any leftovers in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Than Anything Cake
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.1
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 31.5 mg
- Sodium 259.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g