Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My English teacher (Mama Hogg) gave me this recipe to try out to possibly use as a part of one of our class meals. When I tried it at home my family and some our "adopted" babies - my brothers friends - said that it was "better than anything". So came the name. My class now requests it on a regular basis and there is always a pan full on my kitchen counter.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle chocolate syrup
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle caramel ice cream topping (like you drizzle on ice cream, I use Hershey's)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- Cool Whip
- 1 (16 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Bake cake as directed on box in an 9x13-inch pan and cool to room temperature.
- Using a fork, poke holes in top of cake pour on chocolate and caramel syrups to taste.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Pour a layer of chocolate pudding over the cake.
- Top with Cool Whip and garnish with chocolate chips or chocolate shavings.
This recipe is so easy and so GOOD! I made it for a luncheon at work and everyone loved it!
i have made this many times- though not by quite the same name, using crumbled Heath or Skor bars on top instead of chocolate chips. It's awesome. As a teenager I actually think I lived on this cake for awhile! Thanks for sharing a great recipe.