Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I made this for my son-in-laws birthday,because he loves chocolate. The recipe is from,Betty Crocker.
- 1 (18 ounce) packagebetty crocker supermoist German chocolate cake mix
- water, as called for on pkg. make as directed on box
- vegetable oil, as called for on pkg. make as directed on box
- egg, as called for on pkg. make as directed on box
- 1 (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 ounce) jarhershey's fudge sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) frozen whipped topping, thawed (3 cups)
- 1 (14 ounce) bag Oreo cookies
- heat oven to 350 degrees.Make and bake cake as directed on package,for 9x13pan.Cool for 15 minutes,.
- Poke the top of warm cake every 1/2 inch with handle of a wooden spoon.
- Drizzle milk evenly over top of cake;let stand until milk has been absorbed into cake.Drizzle with the fudge topping.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until chilled.Spread whipped topping over the top of cake.Sprinkle with the crushed oreo cookies.Store covered in the refrigerator.
I was a bit dissapointed in this cake, it came out overly sweet for me with an unpleasant texture. I don't think I would make it again.
I fixed this for my daughter in-laws birthday and everyone loved it. It was totally the best ever and will become a staple birthday cake for us chocolate lovers. Pat in Kansas
SOOOOOO good! I made this for my chocolate-loving DS, what a big hit! This is very rich so a little goes a long way! thank you so much for sharing Rose of Sharon!...Kitten:)