Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My roommate is a mayonnaise-hating, picky eater. I used to make this sandwich for my lunch in highschool, so I decided to bust it back out. He loved it!
- 2 slices of good bread
- 2 slices fresh tomatoes
- 1 slice red onion
- basil (dry or fresh)
- On a griddle, cook onions with non-stick spray until soft.
- Add bread to the griddle a little before the onions are softened.
- After the bread gets a little crispy, spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on each slice.
- Layer tomatos on one slice of the bread and lightly salt the tomatos.
- Cover the tomatos with the onions from the griddle.
- Sprinkle the veggies with basil to taste.
- Top it all with the second slice of bread and NJOY.