1/2 Photos of " Better Than a Baked Potato" Soup
This is my own concoction. I got my mom's regular potato soup recipe and completely changed it to make this wonderful dish. Right now it's the middle of July and about 100 degrees out, and my husband requested this for lunch - I guess it's a soup for all seasons!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes and cut into large chunks. Put potatoes in soup pot along with onion, celery, and chicken broth. If there is not enough broth to cover the veggies, add a little water.
- 2Cover, bring to a boil, and let simmer for approximately 20 minutes, until vegetables soften.
- 3If you like thicker soup, drain off SOME of the liquid. If you like thinner soup, leave it as is and proceed.
- 4Use a potato masher to mash up the spuds. Mash more or less depending on how creamy or chunky you like your soup.
- 5Add white pepper, salt, and Liquid Smoke to taste.
- 6Add sour cream and Velveeta, heat and stir until cheese melts. Dip the soup into 4 bowls. Top each bowl with shredded cheddar cheese, chives, and bacon bits.
- 7Eat and smile :).
Browse Our Top Midwestern U.S. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Midwestern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " Better Than a Baked Potato" Soup
Serving Size: 1 (738 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 607.0
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 71.1 mg
- Sodium 1577.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 22.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: