Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
For an intense flavor, while keeping the marinating time under an hour.
Make and share this Better Than A-1 Marinade for Steaks recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (about 4 tsp)
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Combine soy, oil, sugar, Worcestershire, garlic, chives, and pepper in medium bowl. Remove 1/4 cup marinade and combine with vinegar in small bowl; set aside.
- Place remaining marinade and steaks in gallon-size zipper-lock bag; press out as much air as possible and seal bag. Refrigerate 1 hour, flipping bag after 30 minutes to ensure that steaks marinate evenly.
- Remove steaks from marinade, letting any excess marinade drip back into bag. Discard bag and marinade. Grill steaks as desired.
- Transfer steaks to shallow pan and pour reserved marinade over top. Tent loosely with foil and let rest 10 minutes, turning meat halfway through. Slice steak or serve whole, passing reserved marinade if desired.
This Cook's Illustrated marinade is wonderful! I have used it on inexpensive top sirloin steaks several times, and each time it turned my on-sale beef into tender and delicious meat. My only caution would be that my steaks BBQ'd faster than non-marinated meat. Thank you so much Abby Girl for submitting this great recipe.