Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
After reviewing several tater tot casserole recipes, I came up with my own using some of the common ingredients that I had on hand and based on my own taste. I thought it was better than any other tater tot casserole I had ever tried, and so did my husband.
- 2 lbs frozen tater tots
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups green beans, any kind. fresh is better of course
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Brown ground beef.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Fry until onions are translucent.
- Add green beans, both soups, milk, and tater tots, reserving about 2 cups of tater tots for the top.
- mix well.
- place mixture in casserole dish.
- place reserved tater tots on top, pushing in slightly.
- sprinkle seasoning salt on top.
- sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- bake uncovored at 350 for 30 minutes.