Recipe by heatherhopecs
Received this recipe from a friend after she whipped up these little babies for a BBQ at her home... the stuffing ingredients are, IMHO, better than any other stuffed mushroom recipe I've tried.
- 24 ounces white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 whole medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and dry mushrooms.
- Pull the stems off the mushrooms and chop the stems finely.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and chopped mushroom stems and saute for several minutes or until soft and starting to turn golden.
- Add Panko, salt, and pepper. Stir and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese, sour cream, cheeses, and cooked mushroom mixture. Fold together to combine.
- Add spinach and combine.
- Using a spoon, mound the mixture into the stemmed mushroom caps. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked and filling is hot.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.