Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe straight out of Ireland. My mom used to make this at least once a month!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups beef gravy
- 1⁄2 frozen pie crust
- 3 -6 cups mashed potatoes (depends on how much you want)
- Place pie crust in pie plate, cut to fit.
- Brown beef in frying pan with onion.
- Drain fat.
- Add gravy and vegetables.
- Heat until warm throughout and thickened.
- Pour mixture into pie plate.
- Top with mashed potatoes.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minute.
I cooked this today for a mid-day supper, exactly as specified in the recipe, and it turned out pretty good. My mother has made this in her home for years, and it was a bit more runny than hers, so I suggest using a little less gravy than the two cups, but other than that it really hit the spot for my family. Thanks.