Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a nice,easy breakfast. If you have more to cook for, you can double it.
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 3 teaspoons minced, cooked ham
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In large saucepan, cook butter, onion and ham for 3 minutes.
- With whisk, mix milk, cream cheese, eggs and spices.
- Add to skillet and cook and stir for 5 minutes or until done.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and simmer on low until cheese melts.
A great recipe when you want to make scrambled eggs with all the bells and whistles. Made the recipe with one substitution (turkey bacon replaced the ham). The aroma of sauteed onions along with the other spices was heavenly. The addition of cream cheese makes this a very rich recipe, but oh so good.
I've made this a few times and just realized I forgot to rate it. I really enjoy this recipe. Easy to make and it's with ingredients I normally have on hand. I normally cut the salt back or take it out all together & substitute some feta cheese for extra flavour.