Recipe by Jmommy209
A neighbor recommended a pecan pie from one of the local pecan stores. It was fantastic, not cloyingly sweet like any other pecan pie I had tried. This is my approximation. The browned butter enhances the pecan flavor without making the filling greasy. A note: I made the pie this year using dark corn syrup, to get a darker filling. If you don't like overly sweet pecan pie, use regular corn syrup, the dark syrup made it overly sweet, which overwhelmed the flavor of the pecans.
- 3 cups pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the butter in a pan on medium heat and let it brown, then cool for a few minutes, so as not to cook the eggs in the filling.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl, mix well.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Bake at 325 for 30 - 45 minutes, until edges are firm and center is almost set.