Recipe by budgiesntiels
I like this recipe for quick, non yeasted waffles from the Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook.
Top Review by Boomette
These waffles were so easy to do. The texture was perfect. The taste also. Nothing to change here. They were great with maple syrup. Thanks budgiesntiels :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil or 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, slightly; stir in the milk, oil and the vanilla.
- Add the egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir until just moistened (the batter should still be slightly lumpy).
- Pour 1 to 1 1/4 cups batter onto the grids of a preheated, lightly greased waffle iron . Close the lid quickly and do not open until done.
- When done lift the waffles of the iron with a fork.
- Repeat the procedure with the remaining batter.