This is a pasta dish with a very light lemony sauce. One of my favorites by far.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups dried multigrain penne (6 ounces)
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons snipped Italian parsley (flat-leaf)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to hot saucepan; cover and keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile, in a bowl toss together chicken and flour until chicken is lightly coated. In a large skillet cook and stir chicken in 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan; set aside.
- 3Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining oil to skillet. Add shallot and garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute or until tender. Carefully stir in broth, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cook, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until reduced to about 2/3 cup. Stir in chicken, capers, and parsley; heat through.
- 4Toss pasta with chicken mixture. If desired, serve with Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.
- 5Lemon Shrimp Pasta Toss: Prepare as directed except substitute 12 ounces peeled, deveined shrimp for chicken. Cook and stir in skillet for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Homes and Gardens Lemon Chicken Pasta Toss
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.2
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 580.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 24.0 g