Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a pasta dish with a very light lemony sauce. One of my favorites by far.
Make and share this Better Homes and Gardens Lemon Chicken Pasta Toss recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups dried multigrain penne (6 ounces)
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons snipped Italian parsley (flat-leaf)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to hot saucepan; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl toss together chicken and flour until chicken is lightly coated. In a large skillet cook and stir chicken in 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining oil to skillet. Add shallot and garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute or until tender. Carefully stir in broth, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cook, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until reduced to about 2/3 cup. Stir in chicken, capers, and parsley; heat through.
- Toss pasta with chicken mixture. If desired, serve with Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.
- Lemon Shrimp Pasta Toss: Prepare as directed except substitute 12 ounces peeled, deveined shrimp for chicken. Cook and stir in skillet for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
Absolutely delicious!! This simple recipe has earned a spot in my best-of-the-best file. It's simple to prepare and sooooooo good. It tasted even better than I had thought it would. The amounts and timing are perfect. I made enough so we would have leftovers for our busy night tomorrow. It took all my will to not go back for seconds, thirds.... P.S. I didn't even think it needed the opt. parmesan. Perfect as is. Thank you for posting this gem. Made for the Spring Pick A Chef event in the contests and events forum.
This was delicious!...both the hubby and I enjoyed it...it has a nice tartness with a touch of tang...very easy to prepare...made for Best of 2014 tag game...
Delicious! I made this with the shrimp option listed at the bottom of the instructions, and added a sprinkling of red pepper flakes. I garnished with green onion tops and totally forgot to add the Parmesan cheese! I'll add Parm to the leftovers tomorrow ~ Tagged for the Best of 2014 game on http://4foodfriendsandfun.yuku.com/ ~