Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
No slicing, no dicing... almost no work at all! This recipes uses pre-sliced mushrooms and store-bought, pre-marinated marinated chicken to make life easy.
- 1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms (button or shiitake)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 italian-marinated boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 lb.)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar or 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a 12-inch skillet cook mushrooms, uncovered, in 1 tablespoon of hot butter over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until tender. Remove mushrooms from skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and the chicken breast halves to skillet. Cook, uncovered, for 8 to 12 minutes or until no longer pink (170¿ F), turning once. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Remove skillet from heat; add vinegar, stirring to loosen browned bits in bottom of skillet. Return skillet to heat.
- Stir in cream, capers, and pepper. Bring to boiling; boil gently, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Return mushrooms to skillet; heat through. Cut each chicken piece in half horizontally to make two thin pieces, if desired. Top with mushroom sauce. Serve with steamed vegetables, if desired.