Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Frizzled cabbage with an Asian flavor. Easy to make with packaged slaw mix. Makes a nice side dish with steamed rice and Asian chicken wings.
- Fry bacon in medium hot skillet until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan and pour off all but about 2 tablespoons of the drippings.
- Add the cabbage to hot skillet and a bit of water to de-glaze the pan.
- Reduce heat and cover pan.
- Stir occasionally and cook until mostly wilted.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and let cook, stirring frequently, until cabbage is starting to caramelize (brown), about 10 minutes.
- Do not let burn.
- Add preferred sauce to taste, return bacon to cabbage and serve.
Good, easy. I used regular white cabbage sliced by thinly. Also a little shallot and garlic. Fast, tasty, would make again.
I like cabbage and I liked this recipe. I used soy sauce with reduced sodium. Thanks Whitman :) Made for PAC Spring 2010 http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
This was very easy to make. I followed the recipe as written. This was different. The kids enjoyed it more then I did as they thought it tastes like Chinese. I wasn't fond of the bacon soy sauce mixture. Made for Spring PAC 2010.