1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
You would never believe that a cookie without butter and whole eggs could be this good. I have made these several times and each time I get a "mmmm...these are really good mom!" I came across this Chocolate Chip Cookie (CCC) recipe in Cooking Light. being an AVID CCC lover I knew I had to try. These were almost as good as the original Tollhouse recipe and without the worry of added fats (ie butter, whole eggs) I feel better about eating these. The result is a thick, chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie. Oh - the original recipe didn't call for butter extract - that was my own addition...I've also skipped the chilling and everything worked out just fine! The original recipe called for corn syrup - but honey works just as well and is not nearly as bad for you as HFCS...**UPDATE** I also wanted to add that recently we have been using organic virgin coconut oil instead of canola and it gives it the yummiest, most subtle "something" flavor. We also like to use these for ice cream sandwiches - because there is no butter the cookies dont get rock hard and they keep their nice chewy consistency. You can also try my oatmeal cookie recipe, also low fat & yummy! #300761
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup or 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavor extract
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- cooking spray (optional)
- 1Combine oil and syrup in large bowl, stir with whisk, add sugars and stir until well blended, add vanilla, butter flavoring and egg whites.
- 2Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups and combine flours, baking soda and salt in a small bowl - add to sugar mixture, stirring until well combined.
- 3Add chips - cover and chill 1 hour.
- 4Preheat oven to 375°.
- 5Drop dough by level tablespoons, 2-inches apart on cookie sheets coated with cooking spray.
- 6Bake for 8 minutes, remove and cool on pan for 2 minutes; remove and cool on wire racks.
- 7I use Silpat liners - thus not needing cooking spray - I recommend everyone buy some Silpat liners (I've given them away to almost everyone I know!).
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better for Your Heart - Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Low Fat
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 44
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.7
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 61.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g