Recipe by Sherrybeth
I'm working on reducing fat and salt in our diets and this turned out really well so I thought I would share. It can be served hot or cold.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1 small onion, cut into eighths
- 4 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine potatoes, onion, green onions, garlic, and broth in a heavy 3 quart saucepan. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add milk and remaining ingredients, stirring until well blended.
- Heat soup to serving temperature or cover and refrigerate until chilled.