Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Boil your eggs, and eat them, too!! This is a great egg salad, and is 3 ww points a serving, not including any bread. I like mine on toasted oat bran bread, but I'm sure rye bread would be tasty too!! My dog gets the discarded yolks! Prep time assumes eggs are already boiled. Modified from a Weight Watchers recipe.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄8 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄8 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Peel and rinse eggs.
- Discard two of the egg yolks.
- Chop remaining 4 whites and 2 yolks.
- Mix remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate any leftovers, or chill.
I enjoyed this! I used red bell pepper and green onions because that is what I had on hand. The next time, I will probably make it without any yolks so that it is even "better-for-you"! Made for Healthy Choices ABC.
This was great!! I could make up a good batch and use it for lunches. :D On CORE there are no points unless you eat it on bread. I use butter lettuce leaves so no points and I am in heaven!!!!
I subbed some red bell pepper for the green so this salad was colorful as well as delicious. Didn't miss all that cholesterol at all and I made no other changes, just seasoned to my liking.