Recipe by Nyteglori
This recipe was developed in an attempt to make lower cholesterol deviled eggs. Note in this recipe you will need to boil one dozen eggs then separate the whites and yolks according to directions below.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made half a recipe for the 2 of us & for a test run, & we liked them sooo much that I'm scheduling 'em for being made the very next time I host one of my monthly groups! Definitely a top-notch recipe, what with the great taste & healthy aspect! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Went to the Market recipe tag]
- 12 egg whites
- 6 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- yellow food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil eggs, cool, and peel.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise, remove yolks, and reserve whites.
- Mash 6 yolks until about the texture of cornmeal. (Discard remaining 6 yolks or use in another recipe).
- Combine yolks, mayo, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and vinegar mix until smooth. Mix in mash potatoes.
- Slowly add more vinegar until tart and moist enough (about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon more). If it gets tart enough but is not moist enough add a bit more mayonnaise. If it is tart enough but does not have enough flavor add more mustard and or Worcestershire sauce.
- Add food coloring one drop at a time mixing between drops until desired color is reached.
- Spoon mixture into center of egg whites.
- Sprinkle tops with paprika. Chill and serve cold.