Recipe by Sherrybeth
I've been on a berry kick lately and found this recipe in my mom's recipe box. I tried them and was really pleased. They are lower fat and lower sugar than my previous recipe.
Top Review by noway
5 for flavor, 3 for directions. I thought the baking time seemed long, and I'm glad I trusted my instinct. I baked for 20 minutes, and the muffins were slightly overdone....will try 15-18 minutes nexxt time. These made 15 muffins for me. That said, the flavor of these is really great and I love that there's no white flour in these, so they are a definite repeat for me. Thanks for posting!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups blackberries
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs (or egg substitute equal to 3 eggs)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oats, baking powder and flour together in a medium bowl.
- Slowly mix liquid ingredients in with the flour mixture.
- Add blackberries, raisins, nuts and wheat germ; stirring well with a spoon to prevent destruction of the berries.
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray or line with cupcake liners.
- poon mixture into muffin tins and bake 30 minutes at 400 degrees.