Recipe by Angela Curtis
I made this up myself, using No More Dry Chicken Chicken and another recipe as a basis. I got rave reviews for it, even though I thought it was better cold (hence the title). I've only made it once so far, and I'm hoping that it wasn't just a fluke that it was good before. :) For those that care, I used raw honey and cooking wine. I'm not sure if I can change the title later, but if anyone can come up with a better one, I'm open to ideas.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups water
- 1 whole chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place water in the pan you plan on cooking the chicken inches.
- Place chicken in water breast side up.
- Slice garlic and place under the skin of the chicken.
- Mix butter, honey, and spices (except the garlic, of course) in a saucepan on the stove.
- Heat until butter melts.
- Remove pan from heat, add red wine.
- Pour sauce slowly over chicken.
- Bake chicken about an hour and 15 minutes, basting 3 times during the first hour.
- My chicken got very dark and brown, I'm assuming others might as well.