Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Tyler Florence
Make and share this Better Buttermilk Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients together with a fork.
- Cut in the shortening using a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center and add buttermilk. Quickly fold dry ingredients into buttermilk with your hands until a sticky dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface. Gently fold the dough over itself 3 or 4 times to create layers. Roll dough out to 3/4-inch thick. Cut with a 3-inch biscuit cutter. Transfer dough rounds to a sheet pan. Gather scraps and repeat. Make a dimple in the center to help the top rise evenly. Brush with butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated 400°F oven until golden brown.
Great biscuits - light and fluffy! These were easy to make and baked up perfectly in 15 minutes for a yummy and quick homemade breakfast - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2009