1/1 Photo of Better Buttermilk Biscuits
From Tyler Florence
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients together with a fork.
- 2Cut in the shortening using a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3Make a well in the center and add buttermilk. Quickly fold dry ingredients into buttermilk with your hands until a sticky dough forms.
- 4Turn dough out onto floured surface. Gently fold the dough over itself 3 or 4 times to create layers. Roll dough out to 3/4-inch thick. Cut with a 3-inch biscuit cutter. Transfer dough rounds to a sheet pan. Gather scraps and repeat. Make a dimple in the center to help the top rise evenly. Brush with butter.
- 5Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated 400°F oven until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Buttermilk Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (566 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.8
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 646.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 5.3 g