Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Always trying to cut fat intake but keep recipes tasty. Here's my tweaking of a now standard butter/margarine recipe. It is difficult to show servings as this can be used a little or alot at any given time. Cooking time is actually chilling time.
- 1 lb butter, unsalted
- 3 cups canola oil
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons flax seed oil (optional)
- Bring butter to room temperature.
- Whip everything together with hand held electric beater until smooth and shiny.
- Store in tight fitting containers and chill. You may divide and freeze portions. This makes quite a bit so I do suggest freezing in measured portions.
- If you use the flaxseed oil, don't cook with it. Flaxseed oil is not suppose to be heated.