Recipe by TruckCook
For those of us that like to cook with real butter and olive oil and try to stretch it as far as it can go, you are going to love this. I got this idea from my mother and it is fantastic.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
I can't give this enough stars, DH and I love this stuff and not just for cooking. We had it on our baked potatoes (DH loves the taste of butter but I worry about his cholesterol) and this not only taste great but is healthier IMHO. I did cut it in half as wasn't sure how it would turn out and there's only the two of us, but next time I'll sure make the whole thing. I must say when I saw how watery it looked (like a thin cake batter) I was a little nervous but after placing in the fridg firmed up perfect and so easy to spread right out of the fridge. I used unsalted butter and EVO and we are thrilled with the results in looks, taste, ease of prep and spreadability. Thanks so much for posting.
Directions See How It's Made
- Let your butter get to room temperature and place in mixer (if you're using a hand mixer then place it in a medium to large bowl).
- Whip the butter until it is fluffy.
- Then with your measured 2 cups of olive oil drizzle it into the butter as it is mixing.
- Once everything is mixed well it will be as thick as cake batter.
- Pour into plastic container with a lid and place in the refrigerator over night.
- It will harden and spreads easily.