Recipe by Geema
A whopping bunch of vitamins can be found in this super burger, with a touch of heat from canned green chilies. You can substitute as many minced jalapenos as you want.
Top Review by nupurdeshpande
Although the batter and eventually the burgers were pretty tasty, I struggled with the sloppiness of the patties. I added more breadcrumbs in an effort to make the patties more firm, but it did not help much. I am looking for a way to make the batter stay firm as patties. Any suggestions? However, this was a hearty recipe with all vegetables possible.
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 can chopped green chili
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 1⁄4 cups thawed frozen spinach, squeezed dry and chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients, except the olive oil, and combine well.
- Shape into 6 patties.
- Heat the oil in a skillet or griddle and saute the patties for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with your favorite condiments: tomatoes, onions, lettuce, etc.
- Feel no guilt about eating such delicious and nutritious burgers.