Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
A whopping bunch of vitamins can be found in this super burger, with a touch of heat from canned green chilies. You can substitute as many minced jalapenos as you want.
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 can chopped green chili
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 1⁄4 cups thawed frozen spinach, squeezed dry and chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine all the ingredients, except the olive oil, and combine well.
- Shape into 6 patties.
- Heat the oil in a skillet or griddle and saute the patties for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with your favorite condiments: tomatoes, onions, lettuce, etc.
- Feel no guilt about eating such delicious and nutritious burgers.
Although the batter and eventually the burgers were pretty tasty, I struggled with the sloppiness of the patties. I added more breadcrumbs in an effort to make the patties more firm, but it did not help much. I am looking for a way to make the batter stay firm as patties. Any suggestions? However, this was a hearty recipe with all vegetables possible.
What a great way to get your veggies!!! I loved the fresh taste of the nuts. I didn't quite have enough spinach so I added some parsley. I replaced the tarragon with basil, and the scallions with yellow onion. this is a very versatile recipe and I will be making it again. Thanks so much!!!