Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I cut this recipe off a cereal box and have kept it for years. I'm glad I did because I can't find it on the box anymore. This is the best bran muffin recipe I have ever tried. Everyone loves these. Even those that don't like bran muffins. These disappear in my home so I triple the recipe and make 2 dozen large muffins. The recipe calls for all purpose flour but I use mostly whole wheat and just add a bit of all purpose. The original recipe says to bake these at 400 for 20 minutes. My oven would burn them at that temperature so I bake mine at 325 for 20-25 minutes. Every oven is different.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups post 100% bran, all-bran cereal
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Stir together Bran cereal and milk. Let stand 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt - set aside.
- To the bran cereal and milk, add egg and oil mixing until blended.
- Add flour mixture stirring just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Fill muffin cups and bake for about 20 minutes or until done at 325°F.
This is a very good easy recipe. I substituted apple sauce for the oil and added raisins. I will make this often. Thanks for a keeper.