1/1 Photo of Better Biscuits
Fluffy, thick biscuits great for breakfast and dinner
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Sift together all dry ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- 3Stir ingredients to ensure ingredients are evenly dispearsed.
- 4Cut in shortening and butter until mixture looks like small peas or crumbs.
- 5Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add all milk at once in the well.
- 6Stir just until dough starts to stick together. (The key to fluffy biscuits is little handeling).
- 7Transfer dough onto a floured board.
- 8Sprinkle dough and hands with flour to prevent sticking.
- 9Kneed dough gently 8 - 10 strokes; add flour little by little as needed to keep from sticking.
- 10Shape dough into a large rectangle about 1/2 inch thick using your hands.
- 11Cut using a large knife into squares; don't slide knife through, gently lift up.
- 12Place biscuits onto ungreased baking sheet about 1/2 inch apart, buiscuts will rise double its orginal size.
- 13Bake for about 10 minutes until tops begin to brown.
- 14Serve warm or cold with butter, honey, or fruit preserves.
- 15Store in an air-tight container.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (1114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.8
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 14.4 mg
- Sodium 208.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 3.1 g