With the right technique, your beer bread will rise high and be moist and flavorful. The bonus is that it takes only 10 minutes to prepare beer bread, making it the perfect recipe for beginner cooks! I've posted two variations that will give your bread additional flavor, although you can make it with the first four ingredients and you will be back to "normal" beer bread, which is still wonderful!
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray a loaf pan (I use a glass pan).
- In a large bowl, mix flour and sugar together. If you are making one of the "variations", add those ingredients to the bowl.
- Slowly pour in room-temperature beer, as if you were trying NOT to create a huge "head" of bubbles.
- Gently mix batter, again being careful not to whip the bubbles out of the beer and only mixing until everything is moistened. You will have lumps!
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Melt butter and pour over batter.
- Bake 375 degrees for 45-47 minutes. The top will be brown and the butter will have created a wonderful, slightly salty exterior.
- Tip: place a sheet of foil under your loaf pan to catch any excess butter that may bubble over.