1/3 Photos of Better Beer Bread
With the right technique, your beer bread will rise high and be moist and flavorful. The bonus is that it takes only 10 minutes to prepare beer bread, making it the perfect recipe for beginner cooks! I've posted two variations that will give your bread additional flavor, although you can make it with the first four ingredients and you will be back to "normal" beer bread, which is still wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 12 ounces beer, room temperature
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1Preheat oven to 375 and spray a loaf pan (I use a glass pan).
- 2In a large bowl, mix flour and sugar together. If you are making one of the "variations", add those ingredients to the bowl.
- 3Slowly pour in room-temperature beer, as if you were trying NOT to create a huge "head" of bubbles.
- 4Gently mix batter, again being careful not to whip the bubbles out of the beer and only mixing until everything is moistened. You will have lumps!
- 5Pour batter into loaf pan. Melt butter and pour over batter.
- 6Bake 375 degrees for 45-47 minutes. The top will be brown and the butter will have created a wonderful, slightly salty exterior.
- 7Tip: place a sheet of foil under your loaf pan to catch any excess butter that may bubble over.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Beer Bread
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.9
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.9 mg
- Sodium 486.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 5.2 g