Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
If you don't have time to make beef broth using beef bones, use purchased beef broth and enhance the flavor by adding a few ingredients to bring out other flavours. The key is brown the vegetables to enhance the flavour. By using tomato paste you will end up with a deep rich broth. Found this in one of my favorite magazines Cuisine at Home.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sauté vegetables and garlic in olive oil in a large ovenproof pan over medium high heat.
- Cook until the vegetables begin to brown, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomato paste to coat the vegetables.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 1 hour.
- Add broth and remaining ingredients. Cover, return pot to the oven, and roast for one more hour.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, then strain.