2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
heather in Ont,'s Note:
If you don't have time to make beef broth using beef bones, use purchased beef broth and enhance the flavor by adding a few ingredients to bring out other flavours. The key is brown the vegetables to enhance the flavour. By using tomato paste you will end up with a deep rich broth. Found this in one of my favorite magazines Cuisine at Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Sauté vegetables and garlic in olive oil in a large ovenproof pan over medium high heat.
- 3Cook until the vegetables begin to brown, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Stir in tomato paste to coat the vegetables.
- 5Transfer to the oven and roast for 1 hour.
- 6Add broth and remaining ingredients. Cover, return pot to the oven, and roast for one more hour.
- 7Remove from the oven, let cool, then strain.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Beef Broth
Serving Size: 1 (2628 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.2
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 739.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 3.5 g