1/1 Photo of Better Batter Butter Rolls
1 hr 10 mins
I found this recipe on another recipe site quite some time ago. These rolls are very rich. Look at all the butter! I tried altering the amount of butter, but got better reviews from my family when I left it as is.
My Private Note
large r ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water (110); let stand until bubbly (about 15 minutes).
- 2Stir together 2 cups of flour, sugar and salt.
- 3Add 6 tablespoons of melted butter, along with egg, yeast mixture and milk.
- 4Beat 5 minutes to blend well.
- 5Gradually add remaining flour.
- 6Cover bowl; Let batter rise for about 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- 7Pour the remaining melted butter into a 9" X 13" baking pan; Tilt pan to coat the bottom.
- 8Beat batter down and drop by spoonfuls into buttered pan. Makes about 15 rolls.
- 9Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons of butter onto rolls.
- 10Cover and let rise for 30 minutes (Almost doubled in size).
- 11Bake at 350 deg F for 15 to 20 minutes or until done.
- 12(Rolls will sound hollow when tapped on top lightly when they are done).
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Better Batter Butter Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.6
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 52.9 mg
- Sodium 267.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 5.3 g