Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The canola oil & walnuts in this recipe are rich in Omega 3s while the spelt and oats are rich in folate and zinc. The cocoa and bananas are a good source of magnesium.
- 44.37 ml ground flax seeds
- 78.07 ml hot water (or coffee)
- 2 large over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 29.58 ml honey
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 14.79 ml toasted sesame oil
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 59.14 ml milk (or non-dairy alternative)
- 236.59 ml spelt flour
- 59.14 ml oat flour (finely ground oats)
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 59.14 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml rolled oats
- 78.07 ml chopped walnuts
- 59.14 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350F, line 3 cookie sheets with parchment or silicone mats.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flaxseed and hot water. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Mash in the bananas, then beat in the honey, oils, vanilla and milk.
- Beat in the flours, cinnamon, cayenne, cocoa, baking soda, oats, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Optional: cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill 2 hours.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto cookie sheet.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for 10 minutes.
- Cool before serving.